Health Navigator Certification Training Program
Nominate your staff online now!
Deadline is March 10, 2017
Funded by MHSA – WORKFORCE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The County of Los Angeles Department of Mental Health Workforce Education and Training Division invites eligible agencies to nominate participants to attend the Health Navigator Certification Training Program led by Pacific Clinics Training Institute (PCTI) in partnership with the USC School of Social Work. This Certification Training Program sets a foundation for integrated services and provides trainees with the certification and tools to link adult consumers of behavioral health services with services in the primary healthcare system. We invite you to take advantage of this FREE training opportunity and nominate at least 2-3 individuals from your site.
Click HERE for more information.
How It Works:
Supervisors must complete an online nomination for each person they are recommending by using the following link -Deadline to submit Nominations is March 10, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE NOMINATION
or copy the following link to your browser
Who Can Participate:
Nominee must be directly employed or serve as a volunteer of a DMH Contract Provider or a DMH Directly Operated site.
Nominee must be in a peer/paraprofessional level position such as: Peer Partner, Peer Advocate, Case Manager, Community Worker, Recovery Coach, Community Care Coordinator and Wellness Outreach Worker or similar position.
1. Nominee must be employed to work directly with Transitional Age Youth (TAY) Adult or Older Adult consumers
2. Nominee must have background clearance to work with mental health consumers and be in good standing with the nominating agency
3. Nominee must have direct access to working with consumers
4. Nominee and Supervisors must attend all scheduled training dates
5. Agency commitment to navigate at least five (5) consumers per year post training completion
How to Apply:
1. Nominate your staff by Clicking Here
2. Submit the nomination(s) no later than March 10, 2017
1. Only 40 slots available – please submit nominations early
2. Nominees must meet all the nomination requirements and criteria for the Health Navigator Training Program
3. A committee will review and select participants based on the information submitted
4. Selected participants and supervisors will be notified 2-3 week prior to the start of the training
4/10/17 – Supervisor Orientation 8:30am – 12:30pm
6/02/17 – Supervisor Implementation Meeting 9:30am – 12:30pm
4/10/17 – Participant Orientation 1:00pm – 5:00pm
5 Day Participant Skill Development – (9:00am – 5:00 pm)
Day 1: 4/17/17
Day 2: 4/18/17
Day 3: 4/24/17
Day 4: 4/25/17
Day 5: 4/26/17
6/01/17 – Participant Coaching Session #1
6/15/17 – Participant Coaching Session #2
6/29/17 – Participant Coaching Session #3
7/13/17 – Participant Coaching Session #4
If selected, Participants and Supervisors must attend all sessions to receive full certification.
Pacific Clinics Training Institute
2471 E. Walnut St.
Pasadena, CA 91107
Questions, Please Contact:
Brandi De La Torre, Administrative Assistant
P: 626.793.5141, ext. 1-304